We believe that the bottom line is to help heal our communities and to make them healthier, safer, stronger and more responsive overall—one person at a time or on a more massive scale. In the current healthcare climate, one way we can help most effectively is as follows:
In the current COVID-19 crisis, we are all vulnerable, but some are at far greater risk than at others. One of the ways we can help a lot of people in very simple ways is to partner with existing companies and service groups to try to meet shortages in the supply chain for Personal Protection Products. One of the most significant differences in communities that are weathering the pandemic successfully and those who are not is whether EVERYONE wears protective masks and gloves—especially masks.
Many people are beginning to make masks at home. It’s a good start, and far better than nothing, but the need is huge. We are beginning a project to produce protective face masks in two sizes (recognizing that adult masks simply don’t work for small children) for distribution to medical and health services organizations and the general public by the thousands. especially those who are among the most vulnerable such as medical caregivers.
This is a time of great need, and a time when we can coordinate with care and medical service groups, businesses who have the capacity to produce items that are needed, and willing volunteers who have the ability to sew, and the willingness to sew as part of a group effort.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There are several ways you can be part of the solution.
All donations are tax deductible and will be used for supplies and retooling. Donations in any amount can be made in 1 of 2 ways:
Anchor Rock Foundation Inc.
11555 Crossings Court, Suite 110
Holland, MI 49424.
Purchase Face Masks
For a $5 donation (per mask), you can protect yourself, and others, with this 4-layer high-tech fabric face mask...while also helping Anchor Rock Foundation to cover the cost of providing this mask to our community health care workers and First Responders free-of-charge!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for our database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. The Volunteer Coordinator's responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization's purpose to the public.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and team building skills.
We need people who can and will sew, and who will follow instructions for sewing precut masks precisely. They are simple to sew but don’t work if they are not sewn correctly.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Ability to sew.
- Ability to follow a video and/or written instructions
- Have your own sewing machine that is in good working conditions.
- Have needles and white thread.
- You must be willing to sew wearing masks and gloves
- You need to live in a pet-free home. WHY? Because pet fur/hair and dander are very difficult to remove or prevent, and are severe allergens. Pets present serious pulmonary risks--especially to those whose lungs are already compromised. We can sanitize for viruses and bacteria, but can’t remove hair and dander.
NOTE: We are working on a facility that is pet-free where people can go with their sewing machines, but it is not yet in place, and we also need approval for people to leave their homes to get there without penalty.
PACKERS AND SHIPPERS
- Ability to count, pack in plastic and box to ship.
- Transportation to get to the packing and shipping site.
- Willingness to work wearing masks and gloves before you even enter the site doors, and cooperation in maintaining safe social distancing at all times.
Fighting this pandemic takes all of us. Together, we can be far more effective at fighting infection than we can as individuals